Summer is coming, folks! It is such a great time to ride your best bike out on weekends. You will never feel this sense of freedom with anything else.
For people who have a tight budget, you’re lucky today. We’re going to show you how to choose the best bike under $2000 no matter which type of bikes is. Get ready to get around and enjoy your life today!
How To Choose The Best Bike Under 2000 In All Type Of Bike
When deciding the best bike to purchase, there are many questions to consider, even when you want to buy a typical model to have fun with your friends.
What if you want to purchase a road bike, a mountain bike or cruiser? Well, as a beginner, picking up the right bike within your budget isn’t a simple task to do. Read the following part to know details about how to find the best bike for your perfect ride.
Choose a suitable bike type
When walking into a local bike shop, don’t just look for a cool bike. It should be the one that suits your needs. There are tons of options for you to pick.
Here’s a quick breakdown. The purpose of mountain bikes is for off-road or pavement use while manufacturers build Road bikes for speed, so riding them around your city will be amazing.
A cross between road bikes and mountain bikes, Hybrid bikes are good for commuting. Meanwhile, cruisers are casual bikes for cruising that you often see near the beach.
Choose the one that fits you
If you don’t consider everything before making a purchase, you may buy a bike that is small or uncomfortable or too big or difficult to maneuver for you.
It’s best to choose the right frame size; otherwise, the bike may be hard and comfortable to control.
Based on your inseam, height, and type of bike, you can calculate the ideal frame size. Just multiply your inseam with 0.65, then you will receive the right frame size. Alternatively, stand over the bike frame and try to measure the frame size.
Choose the suitable handlebars
Handlebars are also essential when buying a bike. We will list some typical handlebar shapes below.
- Drop bar: Lightweight and aerodynamic, perfect for fast riding. But for people to ride bikes in a lower position, it may be unpleasant for the back.
- Flat bar: Found on hybrid bikes, road or mountain bikes. This stuff allows bikers to sit upright comfortably while reducing strain on wrists, shoulders, and hands.
- Riser bar: Seen on mountain bikes. This kind of bar helps you maintain steering control.
- Mustache bar: An essential stuff on road and hybrid bikes. They allow users to sit upright while controlling the bike with endless hand positions.
Suspension, gears, and brake type
Based on your riding terrain and fitness level, you can choose the right bike. To climb up hills, sticking to more gears is necessary. But for stronger cyclists, you shouldn’t need that many gears.
A bike with suspension will keep you well while riding in a rough and rugged area. For mountain bikes, find the one with front or full suspension to increase traction and maintain control.
For brakes, each type comes with its pros and cons. Rim brakes are easy to maintain, but they can’t work well when the rim is muddy or wet. Disc brakes can work effectively in different weather conditions.
Coaster brakes are perfect for kids while drum brakes are weather-resistant and require minimal maintenance.
Go for a test ride
After deciding on the bike that you want to buy, it will be perfect to ride briefly to test it. The perfect bike should ensure the following features:
- Comfort: Make sure that you feel comfortable with the posture while riding on the bike that you pick. Are you okay to sit upright? If yes, choose that bike.
- Ride the bike on different surfaces to test the ability to handle different terrains.
- Carrying capacity: This is how you can know if the bike can handle your weight or not. A lightweight model may be challenging to ride on.
Do the test on multiple types of bikes and choose the one that is suitable for you.
Remember your budget
Okay, after you know all the essential features of the best bike, it’s time to consider money. Bikes are also expensive, so it is not easy to choose a high-quality bike within the budget of $2000.
Now, you can find out what you can buy with different ranges of budgets.
- $80 to $300. Choose basic metal frames which are just stylish and functional. Many brands, like Huffy and Forge, sell low-range models.
- $300 to $1.000. At this price range, users can buy aluminum or light metal bikes. Those bikes have higher-quality chains, wheels, and pedals to increase durability.
- $1000 to under $2000. Opt for models made of the lightest metals like carbon and titanium. Manufacturers design them for everyday use and low-level competition with different colors, sizes, and wheel types.
So, what conclusions have you drawn after reading the whole article? At the price of under $2000, you can find decent, affordable bikes regardless of the type of bikes is.
Make sure to put all the features of the best bike mentioned above into consideration and seek the best one to ride around. For more useful information on biking, don’t forget to check our website frequently. Happy hunting!